The Dubai Municipality Veterinary section has recently stated that all animals brought to any veterinary clinic in Dubai for treatment have to be vaccinated, microchipped and get a municipality registration tag.
If the owner refuses any of these the clinic is required to report them to the vet section.
Please check that all your pets are vaccinated up to date and that they are wearing their municipality tag at all times.
We can help you arrange any of the above if you require.
Important news for cat owners!
DubaiMunicipality is trapping and euthanising stray cats.
Please ensure that if your cat is an outdoor cat that he is wearing a Municipality tag and collar. It is NOT enough for them to have clipped ears, look like domestic cats or be wearing a different form of ID.
ANY cat is at risk, those that are chipped but not wearing collars will be taken and only kept for 3 days.
If your cat should disappear from now on, please contact the Municipality immediately on 04 289 1114 to see if they were trapping in your area and take a visit to their premises on Khawaneej Road.
Please, please ensure your cats are safe and if you look after street cats your only option is to have them tagged and registered with the Municipality and ensure they wear collars from now on.
Rules and regulations for dogs in Dubai
The Dubai Municipality Vet section has finally handed out a set of rules and regulations for dog owners.
1. Failure to vaccinate and register your dog incurs a 200dhs fine.
2. Failure to have your dog on a lead when outside incurs a 200dhs fine.
3. Taking dogs to resorts, beaches, recreational areas or commercial centers - 200dhs
4. Allowing your dog to harm people or people's property - fines up to 5000dhs.
5. If an owner leaves the country without arranging for proper care of his dog the dog will be confiscated.
6. Dog fighting - Confiscation
7. Failure to pick up the dogs waste - 200dhs
8. If a registered animal is found astray - 500dhs
9. If a non-registered animal is found astray - 700dhs.